Thursday, June 7, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!


Yes, today is my birthday and I'm a year wiser (I hope)! I felt so encouraged today at work by my co-workers. My friends (and colleagues) gave me little gifts that were totally unexpected and very thoughtful. I got a beautiful hanging basket of Gerbera daisies (one of my favorite flowers), an Avon necklace I've been coveting for a while, and a homemade pineapple upside down cake! Chris, one of the technologists I work with, brought a sundae party to our team meeting (strawberry ice cream, whipped cream, hot fudge, waffle bowls...can you say YUM?!).

Because I feel so utterly grateful for their thoughtfulness, I felt inspired to make them thank you cards. I really didn't know where to begin so I started rummaging through my collection of stamps. After looking through them, I realized how little I've used some of them! The card I made is a hodge-podge of various stamps. My order of stickles came in (ordered 9 colors)! I used 4 of them on this card, but you can't really see them. Click on the picture to get a better view of the card.

CS: SU - YoYo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, Very Vanilla. INK: SU Basic Black (no comment), Tempting Turquoise, Cranberry Crisp, Always Artichoke, Only Orange, Going Grey. STAMPS: SU! Love Ya Bunches (birds), SU! Filigree (retired), Penny Black (sentiment), A Muse (small oval). RIBBON: unknown. OTHER: Stickles - Gold, Pink, Crystal, Aqua, Orange Peel; foam mounting tape.

No comments: