Saturday, February 23, 2008

Birthday Cards & A Project For Mom

Picture frame for my mom's birthday

Matching birthday card for Mom


Cupcake birthday card for Aunt Sandie


I hate being late in sending birthday cards (especially ones that I make!) because it's just WRONG. I could find a million excuses for why I didn't have time to make and send these on time, but at least they are done!

The first project is a coaster picture frame for my mom. This project (layout is the same but paper/embellishments are slightly different) was featured at a Stamp Camp I went to several months ago. I loved the project and knew that it would be a meaningful gift to give a family member. I wasn't too crazy about this picture because my daughter isn't looking into the camera, but I love the look of happiness on my mom's face as she's holding her first grandchild! She waited a long time to get one! The quote to the left really warms my heart because it's so easy to forget that it's the little things that really make our lives fulfilling. The details on the picture frame is listed at the bottom.

The first card was made to match the project for my mom. I absolutely LOVE the PTI set, Out On A Limb (as you can tell from my previous post!). I used the same layout for Aunt Sandie's birthday card, using the Hey Cupcake acrylic set from Stampendous. I didn't have ANY matching ribbon to use on this card, so I felt it looked a little lackluster. Maybe less is more? I used the Word Window punch from SU! to stamp the greeting. I'm loving those clear stamps every day!

The Details:

COASTER FRAME: Stamps: SU! Baroque Motifs (cherish, flower); PaperTrey Ink (Life... sentiment). Paper: SU! Uptown DS paper; PaperTrey Ink white cardstock; SU! Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana CS. Ink: SU! Wild Wasabi, Perfect Plum, So Saffon. Embellishments: SU! Scalloped Punch, large oval punch, Making Memories brad, SU! Apricot grosgrain ribbon.

MOM'S BIRTHDAY CARD: Stamps: PaperTrey Ink (Out on A Limb). Paper: PaperTrey Ink white cardstock; SU! Certainly Celery, Barely Banana; SU! Uptown DS paper. Ink: SU! Perfect Plum, So Saffron, Garden Green. Embellishments: SU! Wild Wasabi double stitched ribbon.

AUNT SANDIE'S CARD: Stamps: Stampendous (Hey Cupcake). Ink: SU! Rose Red, Groovy Guava, Close to Cocoa. Paper: SU! Groovy Guava, Rose Red; PaperTrey Ink white cardstock; SU! Designer Series Paper. Embellishments: Marvy Giga Scalloped Circle Punch, Large Circle Punch; Making Memories brads; SU! Word Window punch, Cropadile (for holes in scalloped border), paper piercing; white Signo gel pen.

1 comment:

Denise said...

your cards are cute, thanks for sharing