I saw Jenn Balcer's tutorial on SCS for these gift card holders. Jenn's tutorial is easy to follow and the results are stunning! I loved doing this project because I'm always short on time and gift cards are usually the type of gifts I end up giving. Instead of including the gift card in the store's envelope, why not create these beautiful things! Note: Instead of spelling out every detail I used on these gift cards, I will just say that "All Images by Stampin' Up". If you have a specific question about anything I used, just post the question.
One item that I didn't have for this project were the No. 3 coin envelopes to hold the inside message and gift cards. I went to Office Max and the smallest size they had were 500 envelopes! Yikers! I bit the bullet and bought the entire box for $25.99 + tax. I don't think I'll ever need to keep that many around. However, I noticed that they are the perfect size for holding ATC's!
If anyone is interested in buying some of these No. 3 envelopes, I will sell them to you for what I paid, at 5 cents a piece + shipping (minimum order 20 envelopes=$1.00 + shipping). Just post a message and your e-mail address and I will get in touch with you. I will be releasing 250 envelopes (half my stash) for sale.
Ta-da! I love how these turned out.
Inside "Happy Waiting" gift card holder
Inside "Celebrate" gift card holderTHANKS FOR LOOKING EVERYONE! Have a great weekend!
ETA: July 22, 2007 --My brother just phoned me from Germany bringing some good news! He and his wife are expecting their first child. She is only 3 weeks along, but we're thrilled with the baby news! Looks like the "Happy Waiting" gift card holder has come in handy already!

2 comments:
Hey Liz, you are doing great on your cards! I love the gift cards and the expectant mother was darling. I went to my Stampin Up class yesterday and had fun making 3 cards!
SAndy
These are sweet! I'm glad you liked the tutorial, Liz!
Post a Comment