Friday, July 6, 2007

What's Cookin'?

I made this card using the Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol and stumps I purchased from Emily Giovanni. She was selling it on her site and I couldn't resist buying them because of the asking price and after looking at the amazing cards that Kirsten Dubosque has made, like this one. This card is my VERY FIRST attempt at this new technique and I think I did reasonably well, considering I've never tried it before. Blending with the stump is a learning experience. I can still see "lines" that weren't well-blended. The colors on the card appear a bit washed out (perhaps due to the camera's flash and the lighting in the room).

It's a bit overwhelming looking at the different colors I received, but fortunately, Emily included a "cheat sheet" that shows which pencils complement the Stampin' Up colors which is a HUGE help. I'm motivated to keep practicing with these new tools because (1) I paid good money for them and (2) I love the richness and depth that the pencils give versus using ink and a blender pen. Using Prismacolor pencils takes more time, but the effort seems worthwhile when you see the finished product!

Big THANK YOU's to Emily for the speed of delivery and to Kirsten for being so kind in answering my questions about the product! Kirsten offers a very thorough and easy-to-follow tutorial on using Prismacolor pencils. I'm sure you'll find it just as valuable as I have!

1 comment:

Sew Club said...

Looks great! I don't see any lines, at all! And if YOU think that it's not enough color, then always feel free to keep adding light layers of color and blending, till you get the color you want.
Yes, I did get the cheat sheet - thanks so much! I thought I emailed you back to thank you; I hope I didn't send it to someone else by mistake! :) But that will be very helpful! Bless her for doing that and including it in your package!
Hugs!