
I had fun making these beaded pens. I used Emily Giovanni's tutorial to make these. The top pen (aqua one) has 1/8" gap right beneath the cap. The length for the patterned paper on her tutorial is 3 1/8", but I think it should be 3 1/4" to cover the entire length of the pen. You can see on the bottom pen (white/pink), that the entire barrel is covered. (Maybe Emily can clarify that for me, in case I'm wrong). I love all her tutorials and it's really help me get out of my comfort zone of just doing cards. The supplies I used to make the pens are all from Emily's tutorial, so I'll spare you all the details.
I'm going to make a few more of the pink ribbon pens and see if I can sell them to people at work to raise some money for the Race For The Cure 5K that I'm doing on Saturday, Sept. 15th. All the proceeds I collect will go to the Northeastern Ohio chapter of the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
I also made my Bumper Card for my Bumper Card buddy, Sarah Bertolino, for the month of September. It's always a challenge coming up with a card when the person receiving it is someone you artistically admire! I wish I could post a picture of the card I made for Sarah, but I'll have to wait until she gets it!
You can find out more details about Bumper Cards from the newly formed A*Muse Addicts Yahoo Group. To join the group, click here.

1 comment:
Totally snazzy pens, Liz!! I was so excited to see I'd be getting one of your cards! I can't wait for it to hit my mailbox. YEA!!
Post a Comment